record sequence fields

Frank Ellermann Frank.Ellermann at t-online.de
Wed Jun 18 17:01:01 CEST 2003

David Wilson wrote:

> My apologies

No reason, IMHO.  False positives are not your problem, it's an
error on the side of the receiver.

> I am attempting to convert the OEIS to a MySQL database.

That's an interesting idea.  Changing records is probably
simple, a reference to sequence X is only allowed if X exists.

But additions and deletions can be difficult, because you need
transactions for several records at once (e.g. cross-referenced
pre-numbered sequences).

> Longest single element:     A019439 (196 chars)

How do you define "element" ?  I tried "concatenation of %S,
%T, and %U" for A19439, but that resulted in 212 characters.

> Longest name:               A076740 (641 chars)

Hm... :-(  I'm still unhappy with too long %N lines.

> Longest comment line:       A075886 (2148 chars)

Oops, thanks for info.  My default line length limit is 2048,
because the DOS-version of my editor is restricted.  But maybe
I should change this to 4000 (the hard DOS-limit is 4095).

                        Bye, Frank