strangest

Leroy Quet qqquet at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 24 01:02:48 CEST 2003

>Hello, seqfans.
>    Which sequence do you think the strangest ?

Off the top of my head, I recall that I once posted a sequence to
sci.math which I referred to specifically as a "weird sequence".

The Math Forum link to the thread:

http://mathforum.org/discuss/sci.math/a/t/308735

Here is the definition:
>Let a[1] = 1.
>Let b[m] = sum_{k=1}^m [ a[k] ].
>Let c[m] = ( product_{k=1}^m [ a[k] ] ) *( sum_{k=1}^m [1/a[k] ] ).
>Let a[m+1] = GCD( b[m], c[m] ).
>The sequence begins:
>1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,...

The sequence is "weird" in that there are hundreds of 1's before a non-1
element is encountered. Also I recall, there was some controversy as to
what the index was of the next non-1 element. (I think I had the index
wrong.)

Anyhow, I do not think I bothered posting this sequence to the OEIS.

Thank you,
Leroy Quet