square (prime+square)

Marc LeBrun mlb at fxpt.com
Fri Mar 28 21:59:05 CET 2003

Just some tangential comments...

 >=Ralf Stephan
 > ... 0 if no such p seems to exist, 1 if it has been proven.
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Encoding too much of our state-of-knowledge into a sequence seems like a
bad idea.

Not only humans, but also programs, such as superseeker, read the sequence
entries.

To enable transforms getting a "hit" only one magic value should be used to
mark special elements.

Overlaying historically contingent noise can mask a partially proven
sequence that happens nonetheless to be complete and correct, such as this one.

If needed, a comment like "a(n) values currently unconfirmed for n=..." can
be added to show our current understanding.

Fortunately, for this sequence, other replies have proved all specific
cases, so 0 could be used and the definition changed to

   "... 0 if no such p exists"

or the like.