FAQ:eis Lookup,how many terms should I give?=phonenum.

Don McDonald parabola at paradise.net.nz
Sat May 17 15:46:41 CEST 2003

Dear Seqfans, Neil
RE: FAQ.
You may consider my tip or suggestion...

It seems if I give 'lookup' enough digits** total of my phone number
389 6820, OR of today's date 2003 5 18,
or about 6-8 RANDOM** DIGITS (not leading 1s and zeros)
grouped singly or in pairs, etc.,  (my future SEQ .. 25,55,69),
it is LIKELY that Lookup MAY HOPEFULLY REPORT FEW OR NIL MATCHES>>>

If the terms are of **telephone number size and randomness
then 1 term or 2 is a reasonable number of terms to search for.

You may find the appropriate sequence, including additional terms.
Ref. Benford's law?
/
don.mcdonald.

In message <200305171259.IAA07755 at fry.research.att.com> you write:

sequences-reply at research.att.com
Subject: Re: Reply from On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences

> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  3896820  :
>
> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  3 8 9 6 8 2 0  :
>
> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  38 96 8 20  :
>
> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  3 89 68 20  :
>
> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  18 5 2003  :
>
> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  20 3 5 18  :
>
> Matches (up to a limit of 50) found for  25 55 69  :

not one of my searches found any sequences. / don.

> Even though there are a large number of sequences in the table, at least
> one of yours is not there! Please send it to me using
> the submission form on the sequence web page
> http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/Submit.html
> and I will (probably) add it!  Include a brief description. Thanks!
>
> Subject line of incoming message (if any): Subject: none
>
> Search was carried out on Sat May 17 08:59:28 EDT 2003
>
> o  Take a look at my web page which does lookups "online"!  Go to:
>      http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/
> o  The whole sequence table is also visible there, as well as
>      an explanation of the symbols used in the table.
> o  If your sequence was not in the table,
>      please send it to me using the submission form on the web page!
> o  There is a second sequence server (superseeker at research.att.com)
>    that tries hard to find an explanation.  Only 1 request per person
>    per hour please.
> o  If the word "lookup" does not appear you will be sent the help file.
>
> Sequentially yours, The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences,
> N. J. A. Sloane, AT&T Research, Florham Park NJ 07932-0971 USA njas at research.att.com

...le.eisintegsq.Seqfan.FAQApr03.LookPhonum