Fwd: Witt's formula and montonicity

Pieter Moree moree at science.uva.nl
Thu Nov 6 17:30:29 CET 2003

Dear list,

I promised to get back to my earlier question regarding
the monotonicity of dimensions of free Lie algebras (see below).

This could be dealt with by using Lyndon words and I am
very grateful to Frank Ruskey for suggesting to use these.

A preprint on this is now available at
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~moree/preprints.html
Title: The formal series Witt transform.

Since this paper has little to do with number theory, my usual
area, I had to rely more on the insights and knowledge of other
mathematicians, which many kindly shared.

Thanks !
Pieter Moree