Permanents and determinants of (0,1) matrices

Jaap Spies j.spies at hccnet.nl
Mon Nov 3 22:45:46 CET 2003

all at abouthugo.de wrote:
[...]
> New sequences:

[...]
> Maximal permanent of a real non-singular (0,1)-matrix of order n:
> 1 1 3 11 53
>
> Number of real non-singular (0,1)-matrices having maximal permanent=
> a(from previous sequence)
> 1 6 18 96 600
>

> Number of different values that can be assumed by the
> permanent of a real non-singular (0,1)-matrix of order n:
> 1 1 3 9 31 (will Jaap Spies compute a(6)?)

I will give it a try. The three sequences above can be processed in one go.

> Number of different values that can be assumed by the
> permanent of a real singular (0,1)-matrix of order n:
> 1 2 4 10 32

This can be done before or after the previous action (change one line
in my program).

> Smallest positive integer not the permanent of a nXn (0-1) matrix.
> 2 3 5 13 27 119 (last term from Gordon Royle's list)
>
> Maybe also the finite sequences:
>
> How many times does the determinant (D) or permanent (P) of an m*m
> real (0,1)-matrix assume the value n (starting at n=0).

This can be extended to permanents of singular and non-singular matrices

[...]

> Please check. Which of these shall I submit?
>
> Hugo

I do not know which sequences are interesting enough to be included.
Let the boss speak.

Jaap