new policy for acknowledging sources of programs

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Oct 25 01:26:36 CEST 2003

Dear SeFans

Bob Wilson asked me what the new policy is.

If someone sends in a Mma or Pari or Maple etc program
and if they are not the author of the sequence,
then I have started giving the source for the program.

Like this

%p A012345 f:=n->n^17 - n^3 + binomial(2*n,n)/(n+1); (from T. D. Noe)
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
or, better,

%p A012345 f:=n->n^17 - n^3 + binomial(2*n,n)/(n+1); (from T. D. Noe, penson(AT)
lptl.jussieu.fr, Oct 01, 2004)

(unless the program is completely trivial).  That's a fake example, by the way.

The reasons are to give credit for the work, and also
to tell who to notify if there is a problem

So if you are sending in a program, it would be helpful
if you could follow this format (either version).

Thanks

Neil