Card-passing puzzle - clarification

Meeussen Wouter (bkarnd) wouter.meeussen at vandemoortele.com
Wed Oct 8 17:23:05 CEST 2003

if n is even ...

   0   0   4   0
   0   1   2   1
   0   2   0   2
   2   0   2   0
   0   2   0   2
ad nauseam?

Wouter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Arthan [mailto:rda at lemma-one.com]
Sent: woensdag 8 oktober 2003 17:10
To: seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr
Subject: Re: Card-passing puzzle - clarification

On Wednesday 08 Oct 2003 3:45 pm, Rob Arthan wrote:
> It is a game played by n players with n-1 cards. Each player is dealt a
> random number of the cards. Play then proceeds in rounds: in each round,
> each player with at least two cards passes one card left and one card
> right. I'm taking this as meaning all players play in parallel in each
> round, not in turn.

Whoops! I should have added that they're sitting round in a circle so
everybody has exactly one player to their left and one to their right.

Regards,

Rob.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
You are explicitly requested to notify the sender of this email that the intended recipient was not reached.