Sums of squares of primes

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 19:25:05 CEST 2003

This thread got me thinking about expressing nonnegative integers as sums of distinct
squared primes.  My inclination was to think that any sufficiently large integer would be
so expressible, this is probably provable from the prime number theorem.  Empirically,
I checked up to 1000000, and i found 2438 numbers which were not sums of distinct
squared primes, the largest being 17163.  This agrees with A048261.

At Neil's request I will submit the list of 2438 numbers along with the accompanying
sequence (complement of A048261).