stars sequences

John Conway conway at Math.Princeton.EDU
Sat Sep 20 16:34:49 CEST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Marc LeBrun wrote:

>  >=Jon Awbrey
>
>  > salaries of u.s. senators might be more astronomical ...
>
> This "sequence" is just a single value: the salary for all members of the
> U.S. Senate (and House) is $154,700 (as of June 2003).

    So let's talk of "incomes".  I was intending to reply to Jon's
message pointing out that his sequence (so amended) is a much better
example than mine, because it has exactly the same kind of
indeterminacy as the star magnitudes - the incomes will vary
according to which source you get them from, etc.

     John Conway