E.g.f. for Hermite

Karol PENSON penson at lptl.jussieu.fr
Mon Apr 19 21:28:47 CEST 2004

   Dear Ralf, Thanks for the information. In fact Francisco de Salinas
gave me this reference, where this E.G.F. appears for the first time.
       All the best Karol

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Ralf Stephan wrote:

> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:10:48 +0200
> From: Ralf Stephan <ralf at ark.in-berlin.de>
> To: penson at lptl.jussieu.fr, Seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr
> Subject: Re: E.g.f. for Hermite
>
> Francisco de Salinas:
> > Karol PENSON wrote:
> >
> > >Dear Seqfans,I have a question related to my investigations of some
> > >integer sequences:
> > >
> > >  Do you know, or do you know how to obtain in closed form the exponential
> > >generating function of the Hermite polynomials whose order is a multiple
> > >of three, i.e. I am looking for , im Maple notation:
> > >
> > >        sum(t^n*HermiteH(3*n,x)/n!,n=0..infinity)=  ????
> > >

> > Only in terms of the hypergeometric function 2F0 or the Kummer function U
> > (and hence, of the Whittaker function W).
> >
> > See: 'A triple lacunary generating function for Hermite polynomials' by Ira
> > M. Gessel and Pallavi Jayawant, 4 Mar 2004 (
> > http://arxiv.org/abs/math.CO/0403086 ), from where the following exponential
>
> See also Theorem 4.5 (and other results) in Ira M. Gessel,
> Applications of the Classical Umbral Calculus,
> http://arxiv.org/math.CO/0108121
>

> ralf

Karol A. PENSON
Universite Paris 6              |  Internet : penson at lptl.jussieu.fr.
Lab. Physique Theorique des     |
Liquides                        | http://www.lptl.jussieu.fr/users/penson
4, place Jussieu, Tour 16, Et. 5|      Tel : (33 1) 44 27 72 33
75252 Paris Cedex 05, France    |      Fax : (33 1) 44 27 51 00