Life is to waste time

y.kohmoto zbi74583 at boat.zero.ad.jp
Wed Aug 4 06:38:55 CEST 2004

    Hello, Seqfans.
    Neil wrote :

    >What a waste of time

    Don't think so  negatively.
    To think about a sequence is Seqfans' pleasure even if it exists already
on OEIS.
    See Ferideh's results :
>>     I wonder if the equation that {S_3 (n) = m*n , for some
>> positive integer m} has a solution.
>
>S_3(36)=10*36 , 36 is the only such number less than 10^7.
>
>Note that for n > 1 S_3(n)=n*(n+1)/2+1-Phi(n)*n/2-Sigma(n)
>and S_3(1)=0.
>
>It is obvious that if p is prime then S_3(p)=0, seems that
>4 is the only composite number n less than 10^7, such that
>S_3(n)=0.

    I think these facts are interesting.

    But you should search it on the search page before doing some thing, it
is the "raison d'etre" of OEIS.
    I am saying as if I am a editor of OEIS. ----smile----

    Indeed, I did it, but some of the terms were not correct , so I could
not identify them.

    Yasutoshi