OEIS idea (or 2)

Marc LeBrun mlb at fxpt.com
Wed Aug 4 01:35:31 CEST 2004

 >=Leroy Quet
 > I wonder if it might be a nice idea to allow comments be sent to
multiple sequences

I understand your motivation, but I generally think it's better to just
have one "main" collection point for related comments, rather than multiple
redundant copies all over the database.

Copies create a maintenance headache (as a friend puts it, "whenever
exactly the same data has to appear in two places, one of them will always
be wrong").

I would suggest just putting the comments on the first or "most
characteristic" of several related sequences, and let the links field take
care of the cross referencing.

In some cases, it even makes sense to put a large comment somewhere other
than the sequences entirely.  NJAS has said he's open to maintaining some
auxiliary topical pages like this when appropriate.

 > Or maybe the last comment sent by someone can be preserved, [...]
 > Maybe a good idea would be to have as part of the submission-form

Seriously, I just use my browser's "Back" button for this.  After I submit
one sequence in a group I often back up to the form page again, edit a few
fields (especially, of course, the dispensed sequence number!) review the
changes and resubmit.  Try it!