Max value of x/phi(x)

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:54:14 CEST 2004

Thanks, Jud, that answers my question. The formula x/phi(x) <=
sqrt(2x) must be right. I tried giving Mathematica the command
Select[Range[1000000], (#/EulerPhi[#]) > (Sqrt[2*#]) &], and after
five minutes it returned and empty set {}.

And thanks to Hugo for stating the formulas phi(x) = x prod{ 1 - 1/p_i
}, prod{ 1 - 1/p_i }. That confirms my thought that the lower bound is
x+1.

Alonso