Possibly new sequence related to dodecahedron

Franklin T. Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Dec 31 02:16:36 CET 2004

A pair of related, also finite, sequences: the number of "polypents" (connected sets of pentagons, up to symmetry) on an dodecahedron, and "polyiamonds" on an icosohedron.

These sequences can also be done for smaller Platonic solids, but are too simple to be interesting.  This is especially so for the tetrahedron, where the sequence is:

1,1,1,1,1

For the square, we have:

1,1,1,2,2,1,1.

For the octahedron, the sequence is (I think):

1,1,1,1,3,3,3,1,1

--
Franklin T. Adams-Watters
16 W. Michigan Ave.