Rép. : Re: numerator of function is prime

Mohammed BOUAYOUN Mohammed.BOUAYOUN at sanef.com
Mon Feb 16 17:59:24 CET 2004

fo many hours pari don't find any factors.
and I suppose that numerator(796) is prime.

are there any algorithm or methods to verify quickly this number.

Thanks

>>> "Kennedy" <kennedy at oldnews.org> 02/16 5:47  >>>

If pp(796) = f(796), where f is the sum you give,
then Mathematica claims the numerator of pp(796)
is prime. However, I seem to remember reading
somewhere that Mathematica's PrimeQ predicate
is not 100% reliable.

Kennedy