another puzzle

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Jan 15 20:29:50 CET 2004

also waiting in the queue was this:

%S A000001 2 29 590 7011 60324
%N A000001 "Gold, with six bars, or with the visor raised (in full face) for royalty"
"Silver, with five bars, (in full face) for a duke or marquis"
"Silver, with four bars, with visor raised (in profile) for an earl, viscount or baron"
"Steel, without bars, and with visor open (in full face) for a knight or a baronet"
"Steel, with visor closed (in profile) for a squire or a gentleman"

riddle me this

My guess is that the numbers    2 29 590 7011 60324  are meaningless,
and were just used as a tag to get the
riddle into the OEIS

If you do a google on "Gold, with six bars", you will find
a bunch of links to the riddle, but no sequence.

So I'm going to delete the sequence, unless some seq fan can come
up with an explanation.

The "author" line said:

%A A000001 +orc (homegrownenergy at home.com), Jan 12 2004

but that email address is a dud.