files troubles with OEIS

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Mar 23 07:29:50 CET 2004

On Sunday one of the systems administrators moved all the file
systems on my local machine.

This broke all the links between the internal files and
the files on the external machine.

As a consequence, all the updating programs stopped working.

There are several thousand files on my web pages (not just
the OEIS material), and they will now not be updated when I update
the internal files.

I will fix this, but it will take a while.

One consequence is that the A-numbers that were issued by the dispenser
on Sunday and Monday were messed up.  So some prenumbered sequences
had to be renumbered (not many, fortunately).

Also, the files like LOG.txt that are copies of files on my home
machine will now be out-of-date until I can fix the links.

None of this is very serious for users of the OEIS, as far
as I can tell.   But let me know if you notice any strange behaviour.

NJAS