increasing or decreasing subsequence

Henry in Rotherhithe se16 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 13 22:42:43 CET 2004

I would have expected the initial sequence to be the same as the partition
numbers http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A000041
at least up to a(9)=30 rather than the 51 you have below.

Indeed the only reason the sequences are not always the partition numbers is
that your concatentation is in decimal - a larger base would mean that we
concatenated more single digits.

Regards

Henry Bottomley