faql Was:Terms and Terms Differences -> 1,2,3,4,...

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Mon May 3 17:16:07 CEST 2004

ralf at ark.in-berlin.de wrote:
>I would ask Neil to add to the FAQl
>
>Q: I looked for a sequence and it is not in the database.
>A: Really? Please try the same numbers plus and minus one.
>   From experience, this catches a lot of misses. Also, if
>   you are searching for a number array or an asymmetric
>   triangle, look up its mirror image, too.
>

>ralf

I would add too that sometimes excluding the first term (a(0) or a(1),
say) often gets more matches as well.
Sometimes an inputted sequence matches an EIS sequence for all terms but
the first because of the sequences' definition vary slightly or the
offset is different.

Example:

a(0) = 1;

a(m+1) = sum{k=0 to m} a(k)