Statistics of OEIS

liskov liskov at im.bas-net.by
Thu Nov 11 16:53:09 CET 2004

Dear seqfans,

Here is a question concerning the OEIS in general, with its
100k heterogeneous sequences and couple of millions of numbers.
I'd like to see some statistics of the current OEIS. I mean,
first of all, diverse elementary ("popular") statistical and
related observations, such as, e.g.:
  - frequencies of odd and even numbers (say, greater 10 or 20);
  - the distribution of 2- and 3-digit numbers by occurrence,
    taking or not taking repetitions into account (are there
    unusually popular entries?);
  - correlation between pairs of numbers (including, say,
    the identification of the most popular pair of a 2-digit
    and 3-digit number among the sequences);
  - the least absent number;
  - distribution of sequences by access frequency  and so on.

I failed to find something like this in the Web or literature.
Is there anything anywhere?  If not, I'd like to propose this
as a possible promising research topic. It is, I believe, quite
natural (regardless of the fast growth of the database) and
interesting not only for me.

There are of course more serious, systematic and profound questions;
not being an expert in statistics I refrain from trying to formulate
a sample.

Valery Liskovets
liskov{AT}im.bas-net.by