Suggestion for an E-party at 100K

Hans Havermann pxp at rogers.com
Fri Nov 5 19:32:00 CET 2004

creigh at o2online.de wrote:

> Perhaps it is possible to rent a private "room" from the Fritz or
> Yahoo chess
> server. We could then get together and chat a while and watch Neil
> play...

For what it's worth, I run a small-time chess/chat server. You can
download a client here:

http://chessworks.ca/~haha/cw/

It's a little dated with a few minor bugs still floating about but it's
fine for a casual, friendly game. Lately I've attempted to switch the
chat component to "Wired", a wonderfully modern utility for Mac OS X
(10.2 minimum) and Unix:

http://www.zankasoftware.com/wired/

Unfortunately, not everyone has the appropriate platform. Yet. :)

pxp