Smallest number to appear n times in Pascal's triangle

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 01:09:19 CET 2004

Because of the imprecise way I worded it, Hugo Pfoertner is absolutely
right to answer A062527, where a(5)=a(6). If I had instead said
"Smallest number to appear exactly n times in Pascal's triangle", then
it'd be different. To look for that fifth term where Isabel Lugo said,
at 61218182743304701891431482520, appears to be quite a formidable
task. (Thanks for the MathWorld link, by the way, I hadn't thought to
look there).

Alonso