[seqfan] "Zippy's Sequence" (A054244)

Marc LeBrun mlb at fxpt.com
Tue Oct 26 23:41:54 CEST 2004

 > I think that's in there too, as well as IOR, 'though I don't have time
to run them all down right now...

Yow, how could I forget the IOR analog, A054244!  That sequence actually
caused me to *laugh out loud* when I first saw it on the computer screen
(that's probably only safe to admit to other seqfans!<;-).

It was so screwy looking--after seeing those thoroughly binary XOR
partitions--that I was absolutely convinced that my numbral partition
program *had to* be buggy:

   1,1,5,1,5,5,109,1,5,5,109,5,109,109,32297,1,5,5,109,5,109,...

Ever since, I have thought of it as "Zippy's Sequence" (it's in fact
Michael Somos' serious A003465, "whipped in the spin cycle").

Which suggests the following: while there's probably not enough material to
start an "OEIS jokes" thread, in the spirit of celebrating A100000, perhaps
people might like to recount any similar experiences?  What was your most
startling epiphany, or silliest wild goose chase?  Any personal
OEIS-related stories you might be willing share? (it's OK, we're all geeks
here...).