COMMENT on A097928, A097929, A0979230 & A097931.

cino hilliard hillcino368 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:31:04 CEST 2004

Hi Robert et al

>From: "Robert G. Wilson v" <rgwv at rgwv.com>
>To: "Neil J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com>
>CC: Cino Hilliard <hillcino368 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: COMMENT on A097928, A097929, A0979230 & A097931.
>Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:16:50 -0500
>
>Neil,
>
>	Here are four sequences which I have worked on. In all cases, I added the
>Mathematica coding and extended the sequence. Also I am having a problem
>with
>his hyper link; it goes to a member's only area and many of us simply do
>not
>wish to be members of yet an other "Bill Gates" consortium.

I agree Yahoo has done the same thing. I have made a page in the msn groups
named pari.

Try this link. I logged on in another computer as another user and it
worked. When you do the
copy, you will have to highlight with the mouse and use Ctrl c to effect the
copy. I tried to put
ths note in the text but Bill's Masterpiece kept page not founding me.

http://groups.msn.com/BC2LCC/pari.msnw

The Msn page maker is really a pain. To do this page I had to convert to
plain text to save it
because  in rich text it returns "too big" and guess what, if you did not
copy what you did, well
thanks Bill the work was lost. I don't under stand this as I have 30 meg of
storage and 2 gigs in
my email account for 19.95 per year (so far)

I find these utilities quite useful on the day to day usage of Pari. I
particularly like the string
functions. ispal(n) is a good one too. Eg.,

(08:12) gp > ispal(12345678987654321)
%1 = 1
(08:12) gp >

I cc'd the seq fans. If anyone has utilities to add or improvements please
send them to me and
i will update the page. Optimizations are welcome. I am working in the
windows version so I am
not compiling the gp code but taking it as is from the pari site. The Pari
folks view this as feature
creep but I don't. Re-inventing the wheel also is a thief of time.

(rant)
The fact Pari is free is a good thing. I spent $800 on mathematica several
years ago and am not
elgible for any discount now. Also I am retired and do not want to pay the
big price for it now. I do
not understand why students can get it for $100 or so and poor old me can't.
Do studen's have to
fogive the rights when they leave school?
(end rant)

Thanks for all your work,

Cino