The complete database in 1 file?

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Fri Sep 24 15:45:21 CEST 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Ralf Stephan wrote:

>> I think the main difficulty is downloading the 96 files.  Can you make your browser or FTP loop on file names?
>
> Use wget (needs cygwin under windoze), or any command line util
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not necessarily. I know of at least one nice native win* build available
from UNXUTILS/UNXUPDATES.

However, yes, I'd just do

perl -le 'print "http://pathto/file$_" for 1..96' | wget -i -

> Ah, your operating system no longer has a shell (=command line interface)?
> Complain with the company.

I'm not really an expert, but AFAICT no Windows version comes devoid of a
shell yet. Nay, rumors are that cmd.exe is a much better shell than
command.com; but obviously much worse than any *sh!

Michele
--
you need a brain hack. or a brain of any sort. try a nematode first. the
small incremental improvement won't be such a shock. then you can