Repeated Prime-Differences

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 7 14:27:07 CEST 2004

Hans Havermann wrote:
>Leroy Quet:
>
>> It appears that the following sequence(s) is/are not in the EIS,
>> somewhat surprisingly...
>
>> If p(k) is the k_th prime, the sequence consists of primes p where
>> p(k+1) - p = p - p(k-1), if k is such that p(k) = p. I get: 5, 53,...
>

>Balanced primes (of order one): primes which are the average of their
>two immediate neighbors: A006562
>
>Remember, your searches are limited to 30 hits. If you get that many
>and the sequence isn't there, don't assume it isn't there. :)

Ugg... It did seem odd that this sequence would have been missing from
the EIS.

(I wonder how many other times before I have submitted sequences which
already existed in the EIS because I did not get every one of the
database's sequences in the search.
Hmmm...Maybe it should be noted more clearly on the OEIS that not every
sequence is listed when it is not.)

thanks,
Leroy Quet