Re: An integer function of finite sets of points on spheres

all at abouthugo.de all at abouthugo.de
Sun Apr 10 22:52:01 CEST 2005

"Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi at bigpond.net.au> schrieb am 10.04.2005,
13:53:39:
> Hi all,
> Here is an integer function of a set of points on a sphere, which can be used
> to generate integer sequences from sequences of point sets on spheres.

[...]

> I have not yet calculated the rsg of all of the point sets in the library of
> 3-d designs, because it takes too long to download each file individually. Is
> there somewhere I can download a compressed (eg. Gzipped) file containing all
> of these point sets?

Paul,

I don't know if it makes sense to apply your proposed method to the
solutions of the Tammes problem (maximize minimum distance of mutual
distance of points on 3-d sphere surface), but you can find some
information in
http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A080865.
I have visualizations of the arrangements at
http://www.enginemonitoring.org/sphere/
and a zipped file with the coordinates for n<=50 at
http://www.enginemonitoring.org/sphere/packcoor.zip

Links to similar data for the "maximimize volume of convex hull" problem
can be found in
http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A081314

Hugo Pfoertner