Continued Fractions Which Are Permutations

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 19 21:37:59 CEST 2005

Here is another set of sequence descriptions which may or may not already
be in the OEIS already.

I post them here under the old title because they are somewhat similar to
the sequences I originally wrote about using the title ("Continued
Fractions Which Are Permutations").

And like with the other sequences, I need these to be computed by someone.
Thanks.

a(1) = 1;
a(m) = maximum numerator possible with a continued fraction
[b(1);b(2),b(3),...b(m-1)], where (b(1),b(2),b(3),...b(m-1)) is a
permutation of

I get that the sequence begins: 1, 1, 2, 5, 28,...

(For example, the maximum numerator among permutations of (1,1,2,5)
happens when the continued fraction is [2;1,1,5] or [5;1,1,2].)

And we can have the sequence where we want the MINIMUM numerator.
And we can have the sequence where we want the maximum denominator, and
the sequence where we want the minimum denominator.

thanks,
Leroy Quet