A110128

Roberto Tauraso tauraso at mat.uniroma2.it
Sun Aug 21 19:34:29 CEST 2005

dear seqfans,
I want you to draw your attention to the "recent sequence" A110128
that is the number of permutations p of 12..n satisfying |p(i+2)-p(i)|
not equal to 2 for all 0<i<n-1. It has also more pictorial interpretations
as you can see in my preprint:
http://front.math.ucdavis.edu/math.CO/0507293
I really enjoyed working on this sequence and I found a formula to compute
these numbers. But this formula is too much complicated (even if is simple
enough to get some information about the asymptotic behavior). Is there
anybody that can help me to simplify it?
What about a recurrence relation or a generating function?
Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Bye,
Roberto Tauraso