A016142

Richard Guy rkg at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Aug 15 05:10:32 CEST 2005

Warning  --  I believe I've overestimated the
number of Heron triangles.  I was assuming
that if  c^2 = x^2 + y^2, where  c  is the
circumdiameter, then all pairs of (x,y)s,
considered as arctans of halves of angles
subtended by sides of triangles at the
circumcentre, generate integer sides.  But
if both (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) are primitive,
then you get rational sides, but not
necessarily integer ones.  More later,
when I've thought about it.  Or perhaps
someone will step in with the correct formula?

Best,    R.