Max values for coprimality game on grid

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 23 22:14:02 CET 2005

I am just curious.
As I say in the following sci.math post regarding my newest game:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.puzzles/msg/72ac11da502679b2

I wonder what the maximum value is that is possible to get in
the lower-right corner square for any n-by-n grid.
(So, how does the sequence begin where the nth term is for the
n-by-n grid?)

Also I wonder about what the maximum number of odd integers
can possibly occur in the entire grid, and the maximum
number of even integers. (So, how does the sequence begin
where the nth term is the maximum number of odds/evens for
the n-by-n grid?)

thanks,
Leroy Quet