some progress on the access.cgi problem

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Dec 28 05:57:32 CET 2005

Dear Seqfans,  Thanks to David Applegate, the problem
that was causing the "permission denied" /may/ have
been fixed.

Could people try it and let me know if it recurs?

If all is well, the lookup service should now work
as in the old days.

Furthermore, thanks to a huge amount of work
by Russ Cox (and also Alex Healy and David Applegate)
we may have a totally new and incredibly fast and flexible
lookup page in the next day or two.  More about that
tomorrow!

Please test the regular lookup page (index.html)
and let me know if you get the permission denied error
message.

Neil