Typo on A002117

Gerald McGarvey Gerald.McGarvey at comcast.net
Sun Dec 11 20:08:30 CET 2005

Some web pages with complete proofs (or sketches of proofs)
of the probability of two random numbers being coprime:

Probability of Random Numbers Being Coprime:

Probability of two numbers being Coprime:
http://www.ballandclaw.com/upi/coprime.html

Riemann zeta function:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riemann_zeta_function

The MathWorld web page 'Relatively Prime' gives two references
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RelativelyPrime.html
and also provides information on a generalization to n random integers.

Finch in 'Mathematical Constants' gives these two references:
Hardy and Wright 'An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers' pp. 47,268-269
Yaglom and Yagom 'Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary
Solutions' ex. 92-93

- Gerald