slightly OT: harmonic series revisited...

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Dec 13 15:45:35 CET 2005

Actually, that argument doesn't quite work.  The convergence of the original sequence is conditional, not absolute, so you can't arbitrarily reorder the terms and draw any conclusions about convergence.

The earlier posted proof (looking at 1/p and 1/(p+1)) is correct; the sequence does diverge.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters
16 W. Michigan Ave.
Palatine, IL 60067
847-776-7645