Points on surface of cuboctahedron

Creighton Dement crowdog at crowdog.de
Sun Feb 6 23:02:54 CET 2005

Hi,

FAMP gives A005901(n+1) = A027599(n+2) + A09277(n+1).
http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A005901
http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A027599
http://www.research.att.com/projects/OEIS?Anum=A092277

Moreover, it returns them as " jesright + jesleft = jes " (jes =
A005901) which means that, as far as floretions are concerned, all three
sequences are very much linked.  The entry for A005901 gives a geometric
interpretation. In addition, the picture  used as an aid in locating the
floretion which, in turn,  generated these sequences has been placed at
http://www.crowdog.de/13829/19001.html (a version of Floret's star)  and
does appear to be somewhat comparable -  though, unfortunately, I am not
an expert on the topic of lattices in any sense of the word - to various
pictures linked to from A005901  For ex.,
http://www.grunch.net/synergetics/virus.html

The sequence A027599 has a reference to the Encyclopedia Britannica,
1965 ed., Vol. 16 pages 755/6 and a cross reference to the sequence
A049450, Pentagonal numbers multiplied by 2: n*(3*n-1) - another
geometric interpretation that "fits in" with the picture at my link.

The entry for the sequence sequence A092277 does not appear to give a
direct geometrical interpretation of the sequence.

Can someone find a "greater" geometric interpretation of these
sequences, perhaps even linking them all together?

Sincerely,
Creighton

Note: FAMP will not be downloadable for the next hour or so. Also, I
apologize to anyone who has recently downloaded a copy of it- after
returning from my trip, I realized that I'd mistakingly uploaded a very
old version of it to my websight.