zeroless squares

James Buddenhagen jbuddenh at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 27 03:44:15 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron" <ron at ronknott.com>
To: <seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:37 PM
Subject: zeroless squares

> Thank you Wouter for passing on the correction and I'm hoping this gets
> to the list this time!
>
> For the record, a brute-force search with the Maple code of that message
> gives
> "A(n) = the number of n-digit numbers whose square has no zero digits"
> as:
>         3, 6, 19, 44, 136, 376, 1061, 2985, 8431, 24009, 67983, 193359
> index from n=1 to 12
>
> Ron Knott

The sequence name for the numbers you list should be something like:

A(n) = the number of n-digit squares (of positive integers) which have
       no zero digits.

The sequence you name surely would have first term 9, since the squares of
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 each contains no zero digit.  Or am I missing something?

Jim Buddenhagen