Gaussian Perfect number

Hans Havermann pxp at rogers.com
Tue Jan 11 06:31:58 CET 2005

Ed Pegg Jr:

> y.kohmoto wrote:
>>     I post sequences of Gaussian PN to OEIS.
>
> I've been searching for these -- here's a close miss.
> Total[Divisors[5117 + 10743*I]] - (5117 + 10743*I) gives 10743 + 5117*I

Of course, Yasutoshi uses the expression "Gaussian Perfect Number" in a
totally different way. Ed's usage is a natural extension of the concept
of "perfect number" insofar as {6, 28, 496,...} becomes a proper subset
of Gaussian Perfect Numbers, once a complex example is found.

It seems prudent therefore to discourage Yasutoshi's usage in the OEIS.