[seqfan] Inversion Formula for Peculiar G.F. - Help

Paul D. Hanna pauldhanna at juno.com
Sun Jan 16 06:54:01 CET 2005

Dear seqfans,
        I realize what is wrong with the approach in my prior e-mail.
Not only were the matrices involved infinite, but they were
derived from infinite series in x that are divergent everywhere!
Also, the result of the product of the matrices
   [C(x)] * T = D
did not produce a diagonal matrix (such as D)
for finite sizes of the matrices;
there are remainder terms in x not yet cancelled out,
both on and off the diagonal.
Thus it was erroneous to try to conclude anything like:

But what I had hoped in sharing the recursive generating functions
of the columns of A102086 was that someone may see something
that I overlooked and find a way of obtaining a nice g.f. (or e.g.f.)
that is not recursive.

Thanks!
      Paul