Gaussian Numbers

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Thu Jan 20 11:18:25 CET 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Eugene McDonnell wrote:

> a compatible definition of residue for complex numbers. I quickly found that
> residue and floor are closely intertwined; that you can't define one without
> the other. Compatability meant that floor and residue would behave for

Huh?!? I don't know about gaussian perfect numbers, but you _can_, well to
some extent, define residues even without a floor function. It just
depends on the "field". Any introductory text has this: classic Hardy &
Wright indeed does...

Michele
--
I once heard someone say, the sum of the reciprocals
of the known primes is less than 4 - and it will always be.