almost identical sequences in OEIS

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Jan 27 17:08:11 CET 2005

David said:
Has anyone previously seen an example of two sequences that are known to be different, but
 the difference doesn't occur within the number of terms that fit in the database?

Me:  Yes, there are examples of that.  And indeed when it
happens i think I have always done as David suggests,
give them different A-numbers and cross-reference them.

The exception to this is if they are closely related sequences,
in which case I would something like
"If we replace floor by ceiling we get a sequence
which agrees for the first 1200 terms but then is different"

But if they are unrelated (which admittedly doesn't
happen very often) then they would get different A-numbers

NJAS