[seqfan] Re Murder

Chuck Seggelin seqfan at plastereddragon.com
Fri Jul 1 05:15:25 CEST 2005

This is a folly to pursue I think without more information.  The number
could be anything:
* part of a phone number
* a postal code
* number on an electrical pole
* part of a citizen's id number
* a flight number
* a house number
* a number on a boat, train, plane
* a number on any sort of public fixture
* an odometer reading
* a license plate number
* a reference to a chapter and verse in the bible, koran, or some other
religious text
* a number for a book in a library
* part of a serial number from paper currency
* a rest stop number
* a radio frequency
* a product number from a catalog
* a number identifying a New Zealand law or other government document
* a date
* a code for letters in an alphabet used in the south pacific... one of the
many languages spoken there

We don't even know how the number was given to the police.  Did the person
tipping them off say "one hundred twenty-six thousand and forty" or
"one-two-six-zero-four-zero" or something else?

-- Chuck