Need some help from Fibonacci experts...

Ralf Stephan ralf at ark.in-berlin.de
Sat Jul 30 19:55:58 CEST 2005

> Thank you very much for that !!! Now, is there somewhere available a kind
> of encyclopedy of basic algebraic "primitive" ogf (in order to recognize
> factors of the denominator) ?

Heh, such a database would be the only part missing if you want to
build a program that does automatic simplification (and recognition
like superseeker, because you can feed it sequences instead of
expressions).

I think one could just take all OEIS sequences with rational ogf.
To recognize them, either parse %F lines or use ggf() but this catches
false positives because some sequences are too short. I could mail you
my list of ggf() positives, then you just weed out those not having a
meaningful %F with rat.g.f., and there is your database.
But keep in mind that offsets can go wrong, i.e., g.f.s may have
factors 1,x,x^2,x^3...

Implementation issues are not relevant to the list, so please mail.

ralf