On naming a sequence.

Creighton Dement crowdog at crowdog.de
Fri Jun 3 14:23:29 CEST 2005

Dear Seqfans,

Only after I began the submission process for the two top sequences
listed (and graphed) at
http://www.crowdog.de/Triton/SnakeCharmer/SnakeCharmer.html
did I realize I have no idea on how to label the name field. The program
FAMP has no trouble finding a name for them- namely
1em[I]cyczapsumrokseq  and 1em[I*]cyczapsumrokseq, respectively.
However, I don't want to write something as unseemly as that into the
name field.  (I also contemplated mentioning in detail what  each of the
syllables em[I], cyc, zap, sum, rok in its name does- that would take up
a lot of space unless it was kept very brief).

The first sequence starts out 0, 1, -3, 3, -2, 2, -2, -3, -1, -3, -2,
-2, -2, -3, -1, -3, -2, 2, -2, 1, -1, -1, 0, 0, 2, -1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 2, 3,
1, -1, 2, -2, 2, -3, 3, 3, 0, 0, 2, 3, 1, 3, 2, -2, 2, -3, 3, 3, 0  and
is clearly following some "internal rules of structure" which can be
formulated into 3 conjectures:

Conjecture I: Sequence only takes on values from the set {-3, -2, -1, 0,
1, 2, 3 }

Conjecture II: Never three 0's in a row.

Conjecture III: (even, even, even, odd, odd, odd, ...)

Does anyone see additional propeties (including the suggestion of a
possible name)?

Thanks,
Creighton