More possible multiplicative functions

Mitchell Harris harris at tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jun 9 17:02:39 CEST 2005

I did some more digging, and found quite a few more sequences that
are possibly multiplicative, but missing the mult keyword (the goal being
not only just to fix the keyword when appropriate, but also to add comment
information saying why or why not).

The newer search basically dropped the first element of the sequence in
the expectation that many sequences are multiplicative for n >= 1, but
might have been submitted with offset 0 and corresponding value (which is
irrelevant for the multiplicative property).

Also searched was when a(n)/a(1) is multiplicative (scaling by the first
element).

The nature of the automatic search is that I actually haven't looked at
the text of all these entries (though surely from the name some of these
are obviously multiplicative), which therefore requires checking each
entry by hand.

If you want to take a crack at justifying whether any of these
sequences really are multiplicative, see the updated list maintained at:

  http://lat.inf.tu-dresden.de/~harris/OEIS/mult.html

(the old list is still there but renamed to, naturally, "oldmult.html".)

The general suggestions on what to do are on the webpage.

--
Mitch Harris