"Want to help" page updated

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Fri Jun 10 22:46:18 CEST 2005

Dear Seqfans,  There is a page that is linked to from
the Welcome page, called "Future Projects: Want to Help?"

(http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/future.html)

and I just revised a section of it.  Here is the expanded paragraph:

(I'm mousing this from future.html)

<strong>Many electronic journals are available on the web these days,
as well as the collected papers of scientists both living and
dead.</strong> See for example the web site of the
Furthermore a large number of preprints in mathematics and physics
are available from web sites such as the
What needs to be done:<p>
Scan these journals, books and preprints looking
for new sequences or additional references for existing sequences.

Here are some journals that very often contain integer sequences
(but which I do not have time to scan):
<ul>
<li>
</li>
<li>
ents Amer. Math. Soc.</a>
</li>
<li>
scription">European J. Combinatorics</a>
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
er Theory</a>
</li>
<li>
. Sci.</a> (Now renamed as J. Chem. Info. and Modeling)
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
a>
</li>
</ul>
Suggestions for other journals to add to this list will
be welcomed.

When you see a sequence in any of these sources,
send it in using the
Web page for submitting sequences</a>.
Give your name as the author, and give the source in the reference or links
boxes.
Even if you don't fully understand the definition,
you can always say something like: "Related to
the enumeration of poly-fusenes".
Believe me, the next person who comes looking for this sequence
will be very grateful for the reference, even if the description
is not very precise.
</li>

NJAS