base keyword usage

Franklin T. Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Jun 15 21:19:47 CEST 2005

In practice, "base" seems to be used for many sequences whose definition involves writing things in bases; for example, A016038 (strictly non-palindromic numbers).  I would prefer that the keyword not be attached to sequences of this type.  It should, in my opinion, mean "this is a sequence about how numbers are written, not about mathematics".

Incidently, the definition as written would include all sequences with the "cons" keyword.

--
Franklin T. Adams-Watters
16 W. Michigan Ave.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.