Backlog of Comments / Giving credit / Apology to Jason Earls

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Fri Jun 17 18:40:21 CEST 2005

Dear Seqfans,

I try to take care of new sequences right away, each day,
and any fully edited sequences (where all I have to do
is replace the old entry with a new one).

Comments take longer to process, and right now the stack has about
450 items on it which I am slowly working through.

There are often collisions, where two people will independently send corrections
to the same sequence. When this happens (as it did with A073053)
one person's correction may appear before I get to the other one.

However, eventually both corrections will be mentioned, and both
submitters will get credit.  But if one correction was an "Edited sequence",
and one was a "Comment", there may be several days before full credit is
given.  That's what happened with A075053, and I apologize to
Jason Earls for the delay.

Neil Sloane

---------------------
PS I spend far too much time editing the least interesting sequences.

If your sequence mentions the digits of a number,
please check off the keyword "base".

Begin each sentence with a capital letter.

Email addresses should have this form:  (joe(AT)aol.com) , not < joe(AT)aol.com >

Tribonacci etc does not have a capital letter (except at the beginning of
a sentence).

And above all, please look at how I have edited your sequences,
and copy that style in your next submission.  Far too often
I end up making the same corrections over and over again.

J. V. Post in particular, please note.