Colin Mallows's problems

Max relf at unn.ac.ru
Fri Jun 10 20:25:40 CEST 2005

There are related sequences:

1) a(n) = the number of 01-polynomials (01-polynomial has all coefficients equal 0 or 1) dividing x^n-1.
There are at least two such polynomials for every n>1,
they are 1 and 1+x+...+x^(n-1)=(x^n-1)/(x-1).

2) The number of 01-polynomials p dividing x^n-1 such that (x^n-1)/(x-1)/p is a 01-polynomial as well.

Could anybody compute these and check if they are in OEIS?

Thanks,
Max