Sequence storage suggestion

Creighton Dement crowdog at crowdog.de
Wed Jun 29 19:56:23 CEST 2005

Niel,

You mention that a better solution would be to provide a program. Let me
begin by saying just how helpful your inclusions of my comments
"Sequence xxx generated by floretion yyy" have been to me (perhaps I am
currently the only one using them- but I certainly use those comments
often).

That said, I don't feel it to be an "either/or" situation (if I have
understood correctly) that being either you provide a lot of terms or
you provide a program.  The problem as it affects me personally is that
some of these new sequences I'm running into only show their teeth after
1000 or so terms and I feel the only chance someone may one day run in
to one of these "in the field of research" is if as many terms as
possible are given.

If the problem is the total number of files (as opposed to the total
amount of storage space), would it be possible to save the extended
sequence in the same place as the 3-4 lines of sequence code are stored
and just to read it upon request?

Sincerely,
Creighton